A row of barrels in the Relic cave.

2011 Artefact Cabernet Sauvignon

In 2011, we began working with a new Cabernet Sauvignon site on Pickett Road – obviously one of our favorite terroirs in the valley – Kenefick Ranch. These vines are near the end and are planted on amazing, young soils comprised of an alluvial fan of decomposed volcanic rock. This Cabernet makes up about 66% of the wine in the 2011 Artefact, while the remaining 34% comes from the equally illustrious Corona Vineyard planted in shale on the western Oakville hills. The combination is what Artefact will be based on for some time and makes its debut in 2011 with a ripe, dense, textured wine. Dense, dark red in color with purple and black highlights. Aromas of blackcurrant, dark cherry, strawberry, sage, dark chocolate, vanilla syrup and white pepper lead to a dense, structured mouthfeel with incredibly intense flavors. This wine is built to last and is a fine tribute to two beautiful vineyards.

  • 76% Cabernet Sauvignon, 16% Cabernet Franc, 8% Malbec
  • Corona Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon from Oakville
  • Cabernet Franc from the gravelly Jim and Jeanne Frediani Vineyard
  • Malbec from Larkmead District
  • Aged in 100% new French Oak
  • Unfined & unfiltered
  • 195 cases made
No reviews found.